Friday 24 October 2014

Labour for Fashion

So as some of you may know I am a part time waiter in the same restaurant I drag up in on the weekend. This is for a little extra income to help towards the creation of my label Julian Garner. So a quite Wednesday bought me some joy amongst the dirty glasses and coffee stained cups.
 
As I approached the front door to the bar, exiting with a tray full of drinks, I spotted two people that stood out amongst the generic society that roams the streets of Maidstone. Their individuality stuck out amongst the council workers on their lunch break and I got excited.
 
Whilst balancing a tray full of drinks I stopped them in their tracks, I just had to show them off to the world.
 
 
"Pleased to meet you Charlotte and Daniel." 
 
Daniel is a labourer and to be honest I thought he must be part of the media sector but nope he works hard and plays hard. Another lesson on how not to judge a book by its cover.
 
His outfit is incredibly individual and I was pleased to learn that he was wearing a couple of pieces from the closet and department of a woman. Finally a real man.
 
His shawl like cardigan comes from Primark and his scarf from his Mom's wardrobe. Both pieces have this Aztec/ Asian look to them teamed well with his Ralph Lauren chambray shirt, Funky Monks tracks and Puma leopard print trainers. His shades, a pick from the many treasures found in Camden and his unruly hair tops it all off. His height just makes this individual style stand out amongst the crowd.
 
Charlotte a Chef and the lady on this mans arm had to mention how everywhere they go people stop Daniel to get a snap of what the MAN is wearing. I don't blame them however do believe she looks just as cool as her man. A well suited couple.
 
Her block colour shawl found in Camden teamed with her wild print tracks found in the fabulous charity shops we have here in the UK. Again, Puma trainers complementing her alien print tote bag found in the gorgeous city Barcelona.
 
Its people like this that make me happy and believe that it is always important to remain individual in a town where there are so many generics running about.
 
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment