Saturday 2 February 2013

London's Ensem-BLAH

When I first moved over to the UK from Zimbabwe I travelled up to London to meet some friends. The last time I was in London I was ten. I never really appreciated its ways.

I met my friend at Waterloo East dressed in typical Zimbabwe style, board shorts and a tee...dare I say it! I got off the train and waited by the Costa. I slowly found myself backing up towards the wall then eventually found a quiet spot behind a pillar.

I was amazed at how fast everyone was walking and couldn't understand one thing. Why was everyone wearing black? My phone rang and it was my friend asking why I was hiding behind the pillar.

I know work in London as a Buyers Clerk and found that I too have come to love it ways and styles. To be fair it's not that hard too. I now have copious amounts of black and I'm afraid to say this but it doesn't show up dirty that easily. London is beautiful and a lot cleaner than most cities however the girl's got a dirty mouth.

So the other day catching my train home I was waiting at the platform. The platform opposite started to fill up and sure enough it struck me again. London's Ensem-BLAH. I snapped this picture just before their train arrived. True to their city and her uniform they left for the night only to return to their regiments .

London's Ensem-BLAH I love you.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment