Friday 8 March 2013

FINGER WIGGLE





It has been a long time since I posted on my blog. I feel like there is an added pressure in life now. The added pressure being the world in which I have chosen to write about…fashion. Its forever moving, faster and faster. It amazes me that at my actual job, appointments for Spring Summer 2014 are already been allocated. We haven’t even raised Autumn Winter 2013 and already they are saying goodbye to Christmas. It's immense. As you can see I have being busy so I have neglected my love for writing about people’s style.

For now before I roll out the post’s I have ready, I will be looking at the gloves I have found and being sent. I have seen so many but to be fair to me I have found them absolutely boring. Plain black lying in the street sad and wet. I’m sorry but I like to snap ones of interest. The below four that I have found on my travels all seem to be gesturing towards something be a wave or a “fuck you” to the snow. God its been that long since I posted, there was snow on the ground.

So my first one that I shall write about was sent to me by a dear friend Samma! We often walk to work together but although we work in the same company, catch similar trains and even live in the same town we rarely see each other. She’s swell and incredibly talented. So I got a text from her and as the picture loaded when I saw it, I laughed a little. I asked her if she had positioned it like that but she denied all claims of rudeness. After all Sam is a lady.



The next glove I found on a night walking back from work. Frozen in what I was wearing I was nearly tempted to not even get my camera out. Why would I upset my warmth?? The glove was on a stone bench by our County Council Hall and along the road parked up taxis ready to pick up the bourgeoisie and the rebels. Like the last time I took a picture of the ground and got asked if I was mad, it happened again. The blue is so striking and by the time I got out of the cold and into the warmth of our flat my lips weren’t far off the same colour. It almost looks like it is carrying out the “royal wave” as it is carried away on its stone carriage.



This glove I loved because of the area I snapped it in. Belgravia in London. I could just imagine the darling wearing it, calling her darlings with a pretentious finger wiggle. “Darlings, darlings, oh darlings over here by Eaton Square gardens. Hello darlings! Oh darlings you look wonderful.” Can you picture it? I can and feel like running them over with a black cab. Beep, Beep.



So I ran them over with my imaginary black cab, did my day at work and then got back to the station to catch the train home. Sweetie when you are under the cab there is no point hailing for another taxi.



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment