Friday 8 March 2013

LOS DIAS de LOS MUERTOS

There is a celebration of Life and Death in Mexico called, "LOS DIAS de LOS MUERTOS", which means Day of the Dead. This is a celebration held in November where the community come together to celebrate their lives and their ancestor's lives. It is a terribly colourful beautiful celebration and is popular that people adorn their heads and costumes with flowers. They also paint their faces like skeletons and celebrate into the night.

My next ensem-blist is Miss Faye Allen who is a Garment Technologist and her look stood her out amongst the crowd. She sat at her table and she was the only one whose style screamed individuality. Her handmade headpiece was inspired by a current trend. Her whole ensemble really worked. I wanted to focus mainly on her headpiece. I make headpieces and found some real good inspiration behind her use of flowers and colours together.

Her look does remind me of the festival LOS DIAS de LOS MUERTOS however she is full of life and is so stunning it would be foolish of me not to write about her. Senoritas and Senoras I give you Miss Faye Allen...

 
Dancing the night away whilst drinking tequila, enjoying a celebration of style and inspiration would be a festival I would like to start with Faye Allen as our patron.
 
I thank you for filling my world with that little bit more beauty.
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment