Friday 4 January 2013

"Small Town Boy"

Have you ever heard the song, “Small Town Boy” by Bronski Beat? The first thing that came into my mind when I saw Mister Jayson Gray was Jimmy Sommerville (albeit a more stylised and modern version) in his role as the young man who leaves town after his continued battle against the small minded bullies. I had to feature Mister Gray on here as I really appreciated his styling. Ladies and Gents, Jayson Gray…



Having picked up our lunch at Harvey Nichols, “Bubbleology” aka Bubble Tea I noticed Mister Gray amongst the queue forming at the till. I asked if I could feature his ensemble on my blog and obviously he obliged.

From under his vintage “flat cap” peered his Tom Ford sunglasses with an orange tint, a very 70’s tribute. His multi-coloured blue plaid shirt, being his first layer, stuck out against the stone grey double breasted overcoat - which was also vintage. You notice a layer of black being his second layer, which upon revealing was an exaggerated lengthy cardigan. I learnt that the shirt and the cardigan are from his partners brand, known as “Bone Idle and Rich”. His indigo jeans and their turn-ups really help compliment his “Kenneth Cole” lace boots.

I always ask my “ensem-BLISTS” where they work, as it forever fascinates me what people do and it turns out that Mister Gray is the Creative Director of Toni and Guy. Brilliant that Toni and Guy have someone with such style manning the creative machine.

I looked Mister Gray up on Google and images came up, sure enough this man is forever gracing our streets with style. Mister Jayson Gray I have to say you are further away from being a “small town boy” and closer to being a “big time style icon”.

Here’s a little music to get you in the mood:



Thank you

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment