Friday 2 November 2012

"Brooches and Brawn"

 
 

 
I have a liking for the odd brooches here and there tucked away under my collar. I am slowly building my collection of quirky brooches to be worn and complete my ensem-BLAH.
 
What do you think?
 
Men's fashion is slowly but surely growing more and more feminine and yes it may not be that we are wearing dresses and everyone is sporting a brooch, but I can feel that it's a trend that is growing fast. You can see a change especially in the colour palette used in today's garments as well as the cuts offered to men. I have seen a couple of guy's sporting a brooch and even a clutch. The Japanese men have tapped into this awhile ago as it seems to be second nature to express yourself without been criticised.
I was once sporting a brooch with an outfit on a night out with the girl's. I was wearing a Levi denim chambray shirt, black Zara slim fit jeans, leopard print Momentum shoes and to finish my ensem-BLAH an H&M snarling tiger brooch. Upon stumbling into a take out I leant against the counter and chatted to my friend when a man approached me and told me that I looked ridiculous. Okay yes my shoes were loud and I was wearing a brooch, but come on it's an expression. To give my outfit credit and the mentality of this gent we were in Maidstone, Kent, UK where anything out of the ordinary is frowned upon by narrow minded people.
To prove the above I went to London for a friends Birthday and teamed with a black short sleeve collared shirt from M&S (it's not wear it's from it's how you wear it!), another pair of black jeans but this time by LEE, "Mackay Fit" (I would recommend for guys wanting a slim fit but room for their athletic thighs. "LARGE THIGHS"), black D&G shoes and the biggest most glitzy brooch in my collection given to me by a friend. Big enough to make a magpie cry with joy. Feast your eyes on the below picture:
 
photo.JPG
 
That night my outfit went down a storm. Every corner I turned men and woman commented. Yes, good and bad but generally extremely positive.
 
Is it fact that men can wear brooches but simply can't wear them in certain location's?
 
Either way I enjoy wearing brooches and will continue to sport them to support a trend, and then when the time is right look back on the fellas that have finally caught up and laugh. Tilt my head back and laugh whilst screaming,"We told you so!"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment