Tuesday 6 November 2012

Gloves

Have you ever noticed how many things you can find on the street? There may be change, there may be a lotto ticket, you go back on yourself to double check that there isn't a matching three or the lucky numbers. Do you ever notice the singular glove? Just lying there, left alone while the other,in your right pocket going home.
 
I have always thought of picking them up and gathering them until I have enough to cover a ceiling of a room. Suspended in air by fishing twine, they will hang above the heads of the people who have come to see the collection. To view a piece of  art contributed by themselves possibly because I have picked up their glove.
 
I always fear what I would do if I lost my favourite gloves and then someone like me did the above and I saw it hanging there, dirty from the street, wanting to be coupled again but as I once lost the one hanging I threw the other away.
 
It saddens me. Call me paranoid but I always double check I have two gloves. In a world where everything is so easily replaced we should look after our pieces that contribute to our ensem-BLAH.
 
So for now I have decided that every glove I see, I will take a picture of it, instead of picking it up (YIKES) and post it with a little detail.
 
When I post them imagine to yourself, what that person is like? Why this choice of glove? Where are you now and what have you done with the other glove? Why didn't you take more care, as you now have one glove, well the other is left right on the street...
 
 
Found by Maidstone East, Kent,06/11/2012
 
"The night was cold..."
 
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment